Thursday, April 2, 2009

A day in the life of a two year old

So I have the funniest toddler ever and thought that I should probably write down all of the funny things that she does and what better a place than here to share these thoughts with everyone!
Jerusha is a water baby! When the weather is too cold (as it has been lately) to play outside and she wants to play with water, we turn our kitchen sink on to a small dribble and let her sit on a stool and splash as long as she keeps the water in the sink. She is very good at this as we let her do this often. Well, today, James turned the water on and was cooking and keeping track of her, I was switching laundry and putting Mallorie to down for a nap and somewhere in the days work, she was left alone in the kitchen for but a few minutes. The next thing we know, she is hollering for "DADDY!!!" and James walks into the kitchen. I saw him from the other room look at me and then at her and say"uh oh" with a huge grin on his face. Unfortunately for me, he was on his way out to work and I was left with a small pond on my kitchen floor. I, too, was choking back some giggles as Jerusha and I cleaned up the mess as she repeatedly reassured me that "It's okay Mommy, it's okay." 4 bath towels later, our small pond was clean as was our floor!

On the last day of our Disneyland trip, Jerusha's only nap place was in our stroller (which is actually the Morgans stroller) which held the day's lunch and snack in the basket on the bottom. Among those snacks was a box of vegetable thins....
I laid Jerusha down, gave her a blanket and told her it was naptime and that she needed to go to sleep. She laid down and was quiet or so I thought. The next thing I hear is "Ha ha ha, that's so funny!" in a fake and dramatic laugh. So I peek in the stroller and see that she as found the box of vegetable thins and is eating them, laughing and telling herself that she is "so funny". I let her be and a few minutes later, she returned the crackers to the basket and went to sleep.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

oh, what fun to be little again. I heard something the other day in church about a little boy who told everyone that we were here on earth to practice being good. I think we're here to practice finding joy too. love ya!

Jensen Family :) said...

So cute Karen! Love to hear about all the fun of toddlers!

Dana Wartena Thelin said...

That is why I put wanted tile floor. I think that is so great. I always felt the kitchen was made for wter fights or little ponds.:) We love you and love hearing from you. Mom

Tiffany said...

Little rascal. Oh the fun of two year olds.

Shawn and Mish said...

She cracks me up! Nora will love playing with her whenever we manage to get together!

Struthers Family said...

I forgot about that. That was so funny, she is one smart kid! That had to be one of the best parts of Disneyland, watching Jerusha find, open, and proceed to eat the crackers. I love you!