Friday, October 1, 2010

Count your blessings

I feel I need to share an experience. I was sad today. And as I sit here, holding my baby so she will sleep, I'm reminded of the last month of our life. I went to womens conference this last week. My sweet husband very willingly watched our girls so I could go and it was wonderful. I sat in our chapel, pondering by myself and praying for whatever answers or inspiration Heavenly Father felt I needed. I knew I couldn't asked for what I wanted. I was there to receive revelation for myself and needed to hear what He wanted me to. I prayed so hard to receive some kind of inspiration but I wasn't sure what it was going to be and then we started to sing the opening hymn, Count your blessings and that was my answer. As I sat there reading the word to that amazing song, I started to cry and I knew I didn't need to ask for anything else specifically, Heavenly Father knew what I needed to hear. I count my blessings everyday that I hold my little baby in my arms and I am so thankful to still have her as part of my life. It was an inspired song for me to hear. I know m Heavenly Father loves me and is watching out for me and my family. He knows what we are capable of bearing. He knows me personally and I feel His love in my home everyday. I know that through the resurrection of Christ my family will live together forever and one day all have perfect bodies. I have a testimony of the power of the priesthood and faith and as we exercise them in our home, we are blessed! And I bear my testimony in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers in our behalf. We appreciate them very much and know they are heard.

3 comments:

Dana Wartena Thelin said...

Thank you for sharing that with us. We feel so blessed to have you for our daughter in law. Love, Jay and Dana

Frank and Julie said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony. It helps our faith and testimony grow also.
God will bless you and continues to bless you as he aways has and always will.
Love,
Aunt Julie

Tiffany said...

Beautiful!! I miss talking to you guys every day. You are in our prayers.